It feels weird to be unplugged for extended amounts of time. I’ve only checked my email a handful of times since I took time off from work on December 21st. I don’t go back until January 2nd, but the time off has definitely been good for me. Sleeping in, hanging out with friends and playing video games are things I’ve done without this past year as work demands have made it near impossible to have any semblance of a “real life”.
Since I didn’t get around to doing it earlier this week… Merry Belated Christmas… hope you were able to spend time with friends and family. Both my family and Kim’s live here locally, so we’re able to spend it with them. It was Tyler’s second Christmas, but the first where he was fully aware of what was going on around him. Next year will be much more interesting with him, I’d imagine.
I had a good Christmas. I was fortunate enough to receive a Logitech Harmony 670 Universal Remote, tons of giftcards, Heroes Season 1 DVD set, Lost Season 3 DVD Set, Brain Age 1 & 2 for the Nintendo DS, several Star Wars Clonetrooper figures (including a hard to find Clone Commander #33 figure). All in all, I had a great Christmas.
I hope you and yours have a safe and memorable New Years. I’m sure by this weekend I’ll be raring to get back to being productive at work.
Another day, another meme. Thanks for the tag, Jesse.
- 1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
- Hot Chocolate, with marshmallows.
- 2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
- Both. It depends on the gift :)
- 3. Colored Light on Tree/House or White?
- 4. Do you hang mistletoe?
- 5. When do you put your decorations up?
- Early December is when I start. I eventually hope to finish putting them up/out sometime around Christmas.
- 6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
- Deviled eggs.
- 7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
- Getting buttloads of Ninja Turtles from Santa. Me and my brothers were in heaven that morning.
- 8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
- Can’t pinpoint an exact time. I think I sort of knew the truth at some point, but it’s the idea of Santa that’s more important than whether he’s real or not.
- 9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
- Yes. An unfortunate necessity when you try to spend Christmas with both sides of your family.
- 10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
- Randomly. :)
- 11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
- LOVE IT. Miss it. :(
- 12. Can you ice skate?
- Umm, not really. But I can fall especially well.
- 13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
- Hmm, it’s hard to pick a single thing…. but I’d probably say my iPod is one of my faves.
- 14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas to you?
- Being with family; celebrating the birth of Christ.
- 15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
- Cheesecake. I know it’s not strictly a holiday dessert. I just only tend to eat it during the holidays.
- 16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
- Watching A Christmas Story over and over again.
- 17. What tops your tree?
- An angel, because my wife says so. :P If it were up to me, we’d have an iPod on top, or something.
- 18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
- Giving. Though, receiving ain’t half bad.
- 19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
- Hmm… Christmas in Hollis, by Run DMC? :)
- 20. Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum?
- Meh. I’ve got to be in the mood for em.