I usually ignore meme’s unless I think they’d make for good content. I thank Jesse J. Anderson for tagging me. With every meme comes a set of rules:
- List your top ten favorite films (in no particular order).
- If you are tagged, you have to post and tag 3-5 people.
- Link back to the one who tagged you.
Before I begin, I should clarify things a bit. I love a lot of movies. Narrowing my favorites to just ten was a challenge in and of itself. This list represents movies that I love and would watch (and have watched) over and over again. And now, in no particular order, are my Top 10 Favorite Movies.
- Braveheart – I love the storyline here and the fact that it’s based (loosely) on fact. Everything from the action scenes to the music made this movie for me.
- Dead Poets Society – I love this movie and the whole idea of going against the grain, being different, etc. Robin Williams was great.
- Dogma – I love how this movie challenged the idea of Christianity/Catholicism in its current form.
- Matrix – The trilogy as a whole was an awesome story. The first movie was the best of the three, but I loved the entire trilogy + Animatrix.
- Gladiator – Russell Crowe was awesome in this movie. The storyline was great. The cinematatography was absolutely beautiful. The score was excellent.
- Clerks – I’d include almost every Kevin Smith flick on this list if there was room to spare. Clerks started it all.
- Star Wars V: Empire Strikes Back – I’d be remiss if I didn’t include at least one Star Wars movie on this list. Vader reveals he’s Luke’s father. We meet Yoda for the first time. It was a great frickin’ movie.
- Office Space – Required viewing for our office; any office, for that matter.
- Idiocracy – One of the best movies of our generation, I kid you not. It’s a flawed movie, no doubt, but brilliantly executed. I’m scared at the thought of how our society is going to be 500 years in the future, and I think Idiocracy nailed it on the head.
- Event Horizon – When I first saw Event Horizon, I expected it to be a traditional sci-fi movie… I never expected the horror element. That twist made me fall in love with the movie. When it was first released I saw it 6 times in the theatre.