If you use Outlook 2007, Google Calendar and iTunes and own an iPod – this tip might be helpful to the two of you. It’s not really anything new… but I didn’t think Outlook would share calendars that it’s subscribed to… Fortunately, it does.
- In Google Calendar go to Settings > Calendars. Choose a Calendar from those available to you. This will bring you to a Calendar Details screen.
- At the very bottom, you’ll see options for Public and Private Addresses for calendars. Right-click on the iCal button and copy the link location.
- Paste the link location into your browser’s address bar.
- Replace http:// with webcal://
- Hit enter.
- This should bring you into Outlook 2007 where you can subscribe to your Google Calendar.
- Your Google Calendar should now be available in Outlook!
- Open iTunes and plug your iPod into your computer.
- If your iPod supports it, your iPod settings will have a Contacts tab available to you.
- Under Calendar, select Sync calendars from Microsoft Outlook. If you don’t use Outlook’s calendar – choose ‘Selected calendars:’ and choose your Google Calendar(s) from the list.
- Hit apply… now every time you sync your iPod, you’ll pull down your calendars as well!
This tip would probably work similarly on the Mac by using Apple’s iCal app.